Its that time of year again, summer is just around the corner and you’re probably starting to panic.
Not to worry, 10 weeks is plenty of time to make a positive impact on your body and get it looking the way you want for summer. One of the most effective ways to burn excess body fat is through Barbell Complexes; it’s easy, and time effective.
What is a Barbell Complex?
A Barbell Complex is an amazing tool that you can add into your training toolbox to speed up fat loss and improve strength, power and mental toughness.
It’s series of barbell exercises performed in seamless succession with a few set rules in place. For this particular purpose (Fat loss), you are going to stick to these rules for your Barbell Complexes:
- You must perform 5 exercises
- You must perform 10 reps of each exercise
- You must start with just a barbell (no weight added)
- You must complete the complex in under 50 seconds
- If you cannot complete the complex under 55 seconds, please refer to the DB Complex Article
- If you can perform the complex in 45 seconds or less you must add weight
- Base the load around the weakest exercise in the series
- Repeat for 3 – 5 sets
Here’s an example of a TFW Fit Ground favorite Barbell Complex:
- Romanian Deadlift x 10
- Barbell Row x 10
- High Pull x 10
- Push Press x 10
- Front Squat x 10
How to use a Barbell Complex
A Barbell Complex should be used to supplement your regular training regimen to enhance fat loss. At TFW Fit Ground we utilize Barbell Complexes during our high intensity metabolic training sessions.
The key to a Barbell Complex is the speed and weight used – you should not be using heavy weights that slow the movement down. Every rep should be performed as quickly as possible while maintaining good technique.
Add this to your regular training routine and it will accelerate your fat loss and get you looking lean for summer!
Would you like more information regarding methods to increase fat loss for summer?