WE ARE NOT PERSONAL TRAINERS
WE ARE COACHES!
Because Trainers “Train” people…Coaches, CHANGE people! At TFW Barrie we don’t just train people, we change peoples lives. To truly change peoples lives in a positive way it takes much more than just a Personal Training Certification.
For this reason, TFW Barrie does not employ someone who just went out and got a weekend Personal Training Certification…we want to see something different in someone. We want to see passion, commitment and a true dedication to helping change peoples lives.
Steve is a former kinesiology major with over 15 years of coaching experience in the fitness industry.
He has trained athletes from all major sports; including professional and amateur athletes in the NHL, OHL, MLB, CFL, MMA, Tennis, Golf, Lacrosse and men and women seeking a variety of needs from body transformation, to injury prevention and rehabilitation.
When not coaching or running TFW Barrie you’ll find Steve spending all of his time with his wife and 3 kids (2 boys, 1 girl all under the age of 4) or training to compete in Masters Sprinting in 2019.
A TFW Level 2 Certified Coach, Steve also has the following certifications and courses under his belt:
- National Strength & Conditioning Association Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT)
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Specialist Level 1 Certified
- Precision Nutrition, Level 1 Coach
- Ontario Human Performance Institute – Olympic Lifting for Sports Performance Certified
- Bommarito Performance Systems (BPS), Level 1 Coach (Davie, Florida)
- EXOS (formerly Athletes Performance) – The 0.10 Second Difference: The Science and Application of Elite Linear Speed Development
- Laura Croucher Fitness & Health Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement – Humber College
- University of Guelph-Humber Academic Merit Entrance Scholarship
- University of Guelph-Humber Academic Excellence Scholarship
Alex is a professional firefighter with over 8 years of coaching in the fitness industry.
He has competed in and trained athletes in Volleyball (OCAA), Olympic Lifting, Power Lifting, and MMA along with day to day clients. He currently competes in Firefighter Combat Challenges.
Alex’s Training and Certifications:
- Strength and Sport Conditioning Diploma – Canadore College
- Recreation and Leisure Services – Canadore College
- Recruit Fire Academy Training – Texas A&M University
- YMCA Individual Conditioning Level 2 and Group Fitness Level 1
Bio Coming Soon!
Bio Coming Soon!
Jen graduated with a B.A. in Kinesiology from York University. With over 7 years of experience in the fitness industry, she currently manages all of the administrative operations at TFW Barrie.
Jen is a former Coach who now focuses on helping TFW Barrie run as smoothly as possible, while also raising their 3 awesome kids at home.
Jen’s certifications and courses:
- Certified Exercise Physiologist – CSEP
- Certified Personal Trainer – CSEP